The La Marque Police Department is a Civil Service agency and thus the hiring process is governed by Chapter 143 of the Texas Local Government Code.
Testing is administered annually, or upon the exhaustion of the 'Eligibility List.' The La Marque Police Department is announcing a testing date for the Civil service test soon.
The Department has current vacancies and the test is being administered to fill those vacancies.
See if or when the next Police Entrance Exam will be available. Please view the Police Entrance Examination notice before applying for a position. You must complete a Police Department Application (PDF) and the City of La Marque Employment Application (PDF) and deliver them to the La Marque City Hall; attention Patty Rees.
The following are the current minimum requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of testing and not over the age of 45 (need copy of driver’s license).
- Candidate must have a Basic Certification by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement or attending a T.C.O.L.E. certified basic police officer academy at the time of application with a completion within 6 months of exam date.
- Be a United States citizen (Certified Copy of Birth Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization)
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED certification (you will need a copy of your diploma)
- Must meet the minimum requirements for licensure as a Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
- Be free of disease or physical and/or mental defects that would prevent the applicant from performing the essential duties of a Police Officer
The following documents must be provided to the office of the Civil Service Director within fifteen (15) calendar days of applying:
- A sealed envelope containing your High School transcript
- A sealed envelope containing your College transcripts (if applicable).
- A complete and current credit report