Stage 2 - Water Use Restrictions
- Irrigation of landscaped areas with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems shall be limited to Sundays and Thursdays for customers with an even number address, and Saturdays and Wednesdays for customers with an odd number street address, and irrigation of landscaped areas is further limited to the hours of midnight until 10 a.m. and between 8 p.m. and midnight on designated watering days.
However, irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted at anytime if it is by means of a hand-held hose, a faucet filled bucket or watering can of 5 gallons or less, or drip irrigation system.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except on designated watering days between the hours of midnight and 10 a.m. and between 8 p.m. and midnight. Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shut-off nozzle for quick rinses. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station.
Further, such washing may be exempted from these regulations if the health, safety, and welfare of the public is contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food and perishables.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or Jacuzzi-type pools is prohibited except on designated watering days between the hours of midnight and 10 a.m. and between 8 p.m. and midnight.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
- Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to fire fighting, related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety and welfare, except that use of water from a designated fire hydrants for construction purposes may be allowed under special permit from the city.
Prohibited Water Usage
The following uses of water are defined as non-essential and are prohibited:
- Wash down of any sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts or other hard-surfaced areas
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for the purposes other than immediate fire protection
- Use of water for dust control
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street
- Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s)