Keep La Marque Beautiful Commission Plans Tour de Trash City Cleanup Event Saturday, April 21, 2018.
The Keep La Marque Beautiful Commission has planned Tour de Trash from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Saturday, April 21, 2018, with two bulk trash delivery locations for citizens of La Marque and cleanup events planned throughout the city.
Tour de Trash is intended to help citizens of La Marque clean out their yards, garages and homes. No contractors. La Marque utility bill and photo identification are required to drop items at the bulk trash locations.
CITIZENS CAN DROP OFF BULK TRASH ITEMS FOR FREE:
STEP 1: Choose a location
- City Hall, 1111 Bayou Road
- The future home of La Marque Public Services, 4916 Texas Avenue (FM 1765)
STEP 2: Load bulk trash items, deliver to desired location and come prepared to unload
- Acceptable items include tree limbs, yard debris, grass clippings, old appliances with CFCs removed, old furniture, carpeting cut into 4-foot bundles, unwanted wood, metal or plastic, flooring
- Bricks or cement will not be accepted
- Construction debris from contractors will not be accepted
STEP 3: Understand that NO HAZARDOUS WASTE WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Waste Management’s At Your Door Special Collection provides residents with front-porch service to collect the difficult, sometimes hazardous, and hard-to-recycle items. Waste Management will collect the pesticides, household chemicals, sharps, electronic waste, batteries, fluorescent lamps, automotive waste products (including oil), paints, thinners, and dozens of other items that don’t belong with your recyclables, regular curbside waste pickup or at the Tour de Trash event.
- For At Your Door Special Collection call 800-449-7587
VOLUNTEER GROUPS CAN HIT THE STREETS TO CLEAN UP ROADSIDE TRASH
Keep La Marque Beautiful Chairman Joe Compian is organizing groups of volunteers to hit the streets of La Marque and clean up roadways, parks and known dumping areas. Volunteer groups will meet at City Hall and be provided with materials including gloves, trash bags and bug spray. To participate, call Mr. Compian at 281-300-3235. Compian is planning a contest for most bags of trash collected. Lunch will be provided for volunteer groups.
“Everyone can participate,” said Compian. “Volunteers come from all walks of life: students, business leaders, civic and non-profit organizations, individuals, families, community groups, sororities, fraternities, sports teams and military. Come one, come all! If you have some free time, please volunteer and make a difference for the City of La Marque”
Neighborhoods are encouraged to schedule their own cleanup events and share photos with the hashtag #CleanupLaMarque or #tourdetrash.
Tour de Trash is a rain or shine event.
Keep La Marque Beautiful is an affiliate of Keep Texas Beautiful. Tour de Trash is part of a nationwide effort called the Great American Cleanup and Texas Department of Transportation’s annual Don’t Mess with Texas Trash-Off.
For general information about 2018 Tour de Trash, contact Colleen Merritt at 409-938-9255.
For information on the difference between bulk and hazardous trash, contact 800-800-5804.
To schedule At Your Door Special Collection, call 800-449-7587.
To volunteer on April 21, contact Joe Compian at 281-300-3235.