Education Expo and Lemonade Day Galveston County Kick-Off Thursday, Feb 7 in Galveston. Lemonade Day La Marque Kick-Off Monday, Feb 25 in the Community Room.
City of La Marque has once again partnered with Galveston Regional Chamber of Commerce for Lemonade Day Galveston County, offering youth entrepreneurship, financial literacy and leadership training on the mainland. Galveston County Lemonade Day’s mission is to encourage youth to become the business leaders, social advocates, community volunteers and forward-thinking citizens of tomorrow, one lemonade stand at a time. Lemonade Day is Saturday, May 4, 2019, but registration and program kick-offs are happening during the month of February.
La Marque Councilman Chris Lane has worked closely with Galveston Regional Chamber President Gina Spagnola to cultivate a mainland offering to youth and parents who can’t make it to Island Lemonade Day activities.
“As we continue creating a culture of financial literacy in La Marque, our partnership with Gina and Lemonade Day Galveston County has grown stronger and more fruitful,” said Lane. “We hope to increase the number of La Marque youth registrations in 2019 and we invite families from south Galveston County to attend our programs.”
- Education Expo and Lemonade Day Galveston County Kick-Off
- Time: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Date: Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Place: Odyssey Academy, 2412 61st Street, Galveston, Texas
- Description: Take a stroll down the yellow lemon road to learn about educational opportunities throughout the region – from schools to summer camps to fun activities. Complete your passport to success, enjoy hot dogs from The Spot and then register for Lemonade Day. Guardian signatures are required. Backpacks, workbooks and t-shirts will be available after registration.
- Lemonade Day Galveston County Presentation at La Marque Council Meeting
- Time: 6:00 p.m.
- Date: Monday, February 11, 2019
- Place: La Marque Council Chambers, 1109B Bayou Road, La Marque, Texas
- Description: Can’t make the Galveston Kick-Off? Don’t worry! Gina Spagnola, Galveston Chamber President and mastermind behind Lemonade Day Galveston County, will visit La Marque City Council to give an update on what’s new for 2019 and host a registration event.
- Lemonade Day La Marque Kick-Off
- Time: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Date: Monday, February 25, 2019
- Place: La Marque Community Room, 1109B Bayou Road, La Marque, Texas
- Description: Lemonade Day participants are invited to join us in La Marque for an evening of fun and fellowship. Pick up workbooks, meet and greet with local non-profit organizations and hear from local leaders. Stay tuned for event details!
- Build a Stand, Spark a Dream and Best Tasting Contest in Galveston
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Date: Saturday, April 27, 2019
- Place: Village Hardware, 6627 Steward Road, Galveston, Texas 77551
- Description: Lemonade Stand Kits will be available for registered young entrepreneurs to purchase for $19.99. Volunteers will be on site to assist. Participants should make arrangements to move stands off-site after assembly. Ready to try those recipes? Participate in the 2019 Lemonade Day Galveston County Best-Tasting Contest right after the build event. Arrive by 10:00 a.m. to register. Bring one gallon of your lemonade in an unmarked, disposable container. Winners with the best-tasting lemonade will receive a trophy and certificate to celebrate their product and creativity.
- Build a Stand in La Marque
- Time: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Date: Sunday, April 28, 2019
- Place: La Marque Public Works, 4916 Texas Avenue, Suite C, La Marque, Texas 77568
- Description: La Marque Public Works staff and volunteers will be on site to assist youth assemble lemonade stands. Participants should make arrangements to move stands off-site after constructed. Stay tuned for more information!
- Lemonade Day - Support Young Entrepreneurs
- Time: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Date: Saturday, May 4, 2019
- Place: Galveston County, Texas
- Description: Lemonade Day Galveston County is a community and county-wide education program designed to spark entrepreneurial spirit and teach youth how to start, own and operate their own business through a lemonade stand. Support young entrepreneurs by drinking lemonade on Saturday, May 4, 2019. City of La Marque will work on a map of all the lemonade stands in our city limits.
- Lemonade Day Sprit Day at Schlitterbahn Waterpark
- Time: 8:00 a.m.
- Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019
- Place: 2026 Lockheed Road, Galveston
- Description: All Lemonade Day Galveston County participants are invited to join us at Schlitterbahn Waterpark for a free day of fun and celebration.
For information, visit lemonadeday.org or call Colleen Merritt at 409-938-9255. To register online, visit lemonadeday.org/registration/signin. Follow Lemonade Day Galveston County and City of La Marque on Facebook for updates. #iloveLa_Marque