Utility Billing FAQ
La Marque Utility Billing Frequently Asked Questions
How do I establish service with the City of La Marque?
Residential Application: The application can be downloaded and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person at our office. Residential deposits are $50.00 for homeowners and $120.00 for lessees. Documentation required to establish service includes:
- Driver’s license for each applicant.
- Homeowners proof of ownership. Acceptable examples are closing disclosures, warranty deed or county tax documents.
- Lessees must provide the first and last page of the signed lease agreement.
Commercial Applications: The application can be downloaded and emailed to email@example.com or submitted in person. Please call 409-938-9209 for a commercial deposit quote. Documentation required to establish service includes:
- Driver’s license for the responsible party.
- Lease or proof of ownership.
- W-9 or tax document showing your Tax ID number.
- Certificate of occupancy issued by City of La Marque Development Services.
What are my payment options?
- Utility Billing accepts cash, checks and credit cards.
- La Marque utility bills can be paid in person at City Hall and in the drive-thru window during regular business hours.
- Customers are welcome to pay by mail or pay by phone free of charge.
- A kiosk and a drop box are available at our drive-thru 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Online bill pay is available, as well as pay by credit card draft. All credit cards are charged a 3 percent processing fee.
- All payments must be received by our office by the due date to avoid penalties.
When will my deposit be refunded?
Deposits are applied to account once the account is closed and the final bill is processed.
How do I close my account?
Call Utility Billing at 409-938-9209 at least one business day before you want service disconnected. You will be asked to supply your forwarding address and the date of disconnection. Even if you have vacated or sold the property, you are responsible for all charges through the final date. If you do not request a final disconnection, the service will remain in your name and you will be responsible for all charges incurred until the request is made or the account is closed.
If my service has been disconnected for nonpayment, how do I get it restored?
If service is disconnected, the total past-due amount and the reconnect fee of $20.00 must be paid in full to have service restored. Service may be restored the same day as a disconnect if payment is received by 4:00 p.m. For payment received after 4:00 p.m., service will be restored the next business day after 10:00 a.m.
Who do I call if I have a sewer backup?
Public Works handles sewer backups. Please call 409-938-9280. For after-hours emergencies, call La Marque Police Department Dispatch at 409-938-9269.
How can I check to see if there is a leak at my residence or business?
Home and business owners can check for common leaks by performing simple tests.
- Go around your property and check for visible leaks, busted pipes, leaks under the home, water running into the street, etc.
- Leaks can exist in different parts of your home or business but the most common leak is a toilet leak. Performing a dye test on your toilets can help determine if you have a leak.
I had a leak at my house or business, can I get an adjustment?
Yes, a request for an adjustment can be submitted with a copy of your receipt for repair. If you have not received an adjustment within the past 12 months, your account can be reviewed to receive an adjustment for a portion of your highest billing
Why is it important that I update my contact information on my account?
It is important the city has your updated contact information just in case there are any leaks on your property or if we need to gain access to perform meter maintenance. Contact our office directly at 409-938-9209, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our online form to update contact information.
Have questions about pick up days, holiday schedule, bulk trash or recycling? Visit trash.cityoflamarque.org or contact Waste Management at 800-800-5804.