COVID-19 Recovery for Businesses
La Marque Economic Development Corporation is gathering resources for our local business owners. Disaster resources for employees and employers are on the way.
We are here for you and we mean business. Check our most current updates for COVID-19 business relief at COVIDbusinessrelief.cityoflamarque.org.
There are numerous coronavirus (COVID-19) resources around Galveston County.
Galveston County Health District Informational Hotline
Phone: 409-938-7221, Option #1
Gulf Coast Wellness Center 24-Hour Crisis Hotline (Mental Health)
University of Texas Medical Branch 24/7 Access Line (If you are Sick)
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Informational Line
State of Texas (Help Finding Social Services)
Phone: 2-1-1 then option #6
HELPFUL WEBSITE LINKS
Galveston County Health District (GCHD)
Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Governor Abbott Issues Executive Orders In Accordance With Federal Guidelines To Mitigate Spread Of COVID-19 In Texas
On March 19, 2020, Governor Greg Abbott announced a series of Executive Orders relating to COVID-19 preparedness and mitigation. The four orders serve to limit public gatherings and help reduce exposure for people across the state. These orders are in accordance with federal guidelines issued by the President and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and will aid in the state’s efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19.
The following orders have been issued by Governor Abbott:
- Order No. 1: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, every person in Texas shall avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Order No. 2: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, people shall avoid eating or drinking at bars, restaurants, and food courts, or visiting gyms or massage parlors; provided, however, that the use of drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options is allowed and highly encouraged throughout the limited duration of this executive order.
- Order No. 3: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, people shall not visit nursing homes or retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
- Order No. 4: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, schools shall temporarily close.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) resources from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
The CDC’s website has resources including symptoms, older adults & medical conditions, travel, children and more. Please visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus for the latest recommendations.
- What You Need to Know English (downloadable PDF)
- What you Need to Know Spanish (downloadable PDF)
- What to do if You’re Sick English (downloadable PDF)
- What to do if You’re Sick Spanish (downloadable PDF)
- Symptoms of Coronavirus English (downloadable PDF)
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Spanish (downloadable PDF)
- Stop the Spread of Germs English (downloadable PDF)
- Stop the Spread of Germs Spanish (downloadable PDF)
- Community Mitigation Strategy English (downloadable PDF)
UTMB Health Resources:
UTMB Health has developed a website as a resource dedicated to sharing information about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). The site contains guidance for members of the communities served and employed by UTMB, including patients, students, our healthcare workforce and other employees. It also links to external sources for the latest information on this new disease threat. Please explore these pages to inform yourself, minimize risks and if needed, get care for COVID-19.
For additional information and resources, please visit:
City of La Marque COVID-19 Notices:
- Read the latest news and messages from La Marque City Manager Tink Jackson at news.cityoflamarque.org.
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Galveston County Judge Mark Henry’s ORDER TO STAY HOME March 23, 2020
- A message from La Marque City Manager Tink Jackson explaining Governor Abbott’s Emergency Orders
- City of La Marque ORDERS CLOSING RESTAURANTS, BARS AND ENTERTAINMENT VENUES
- CIty of La Marque Order - Bars and Restaurants
- City of La Marque Order - Entertainment Venues
- A letter to citizens from Police Chief Kirk Jackson
- COVID Statement from City Manager Tink Jackson
- La Marque Municipal Buildings Closed to the Public, Court Postponed
- La Marque COVID-19 Employee Interactions and Safety Policy Enacted
- La Marque City Council Unanimously Passed COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Ordinance
- First presumptive positive case of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in a Galveston County
- La Marque - Declaration of Local Disaster - COVID 19
- La Marque - Ordinance - COVID 19