This page is designed to explain property tax rates to the citizens of La Marque and provide financial transparency with easily available contact information should questions arise.
This year's proposed tax rate does not exceed the no-new-revenue tax rate.
This year's levy to fund maintenance and operations expenditures exceeds last year's maintenance and operations tax levy.
City of La Marque PROPOSED A TAX RATE THAT WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR'S TAX RATE.
THE TAX RATE WILL EFFECTIVELY BE RAISED BY 5.57 PERCENT AND WILL RAISE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS ON A $100,000 HOME BY APPROXIMATELY $-7.28.
Property Tax Rate Comparison
Property Tax Rate:
No-New-Revenue Tax Rate:
No-New-Revenue Maint & Operations Tax Rate:
Voter-Approval Tax Rate:
Total debt obligation for City of La Marque secured by property taxes: $23,071,272
M & O and I S tax rates
A district's property tax rate consists of a maintenance and operations (M&O) tax rate and, if applicable, an interest and sinking (I&S) tax rate. The M&O tax rate provides funds for maintenance and operations. The I&S tax rate provides funds for payments on debts.
- City of La Marque Annual Budgets
- Effective and Rollback Tax Rate Worksheets 2015 through 2019
- Galveston County Truth in Taxation
- La Marque CAFR & Single Audit Reports (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report)
- Tax rates for the City of La Marque and other entities:
- Tax year 2021 Certified Roll