A second round of light snow and sleet is possible from 6 PM through midnight tonight. Additionally, the hard freeze warning has been extended all the way to the coast through 9 AM Wednesday.
A slight chance for additional sleet and snow flurries arose for this evening through tonight. The greatest chance for precipitation inland is from 6 PM through midnight tonight, with a slight chance lingering past midnight along the coast. Expect little to no accumulations nor impacts to roadways during this time. However, we could see a dusting in some areas.
With low temperatures tonight dipping down to the low to mid-20s, the hard freeze warning currently in effect until 9 AM Wednesday has been extended to the coast for all counties in our warning area. Even along the coast, including Galveston, we could see sub-freezing temperatures for 4-6 hours. During this time, remember to protect the 4 Ps: people, pets, pipes, and plants. Tonight will be the coldest night of this cold snap.
National Weather Service - Houston/Galveston, TX
· NWS Houston Galveston Phone Numbers: (281) 337-5074 ext. 234 or ext. 232
· NWS Houston/Galveston Webpage: www.weather.gov/houston
· National Hurricane Center Webpage: www.hurricanes.gov
· Hourly Forecasts (Click Your Location): http://forecast.weather.gov/gridpoint.php?site=hgx&TypeDefault=graphical
· West Gulf River Forecast Center Webpage: www.weather.gov/wgrfc
· AHPS Webpage: http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=hgx