Home improvement program provides paint and discounted supplies to La Marque homeowners. Applications are being accepted through March 30, 2018.
“Let’s Paint the Town” is a home improvement and city beautification program sponsored proudly presented by City of La Marque’s Keep La Marque Beautiful Commission that provides exterior paint and discounted supplies to homeowners who live in La Marque, Texas. Applications are being accepted through March 30, 2018.
The program isn’t new to La Marque. In 2016, 71 homeowners applied for “Let’s Paint the Town”. According to City of La Marque Revitalization Specialist Chiquetter Clayton, the application process is easy and City staff are standing by to help.
“Applying for the program is simple,” said Clayton. “It is a one-page application that can be mailed or dropped off at City Hall. Qualified applicants will be given a voucher to obtain the free paint and the house must be painted within four months. We are excited to give La Marque homeowners a little boost in their efforts to keep our city beautiful.”
The applicants must:
- Live in La Marque, Texas.
- Own and reside in the house to be painted.
- Have an established City of La Marque utility account for the house.
- Own one residential property with an existing structure.
All labor must be accomplished or provided by the homeowner, but Keep La Marque Beautiful Commission is working on a volunteer base to help citizens who aren’t able to do the physical labor, or aren’t able to pay for a painting services.
- Before and after photos are required.
- The house and garage must be prepared for painting.
- Approved applicants have their choice of approved in-store paint colors from Lowe’s in Texas City. No color matching is allowed and applicants may not pay extra to upgrade the paint color, brand or grade.
- The amount of paint to be given to the homeowner will be based on the size and material of the house. Brick houses, for example, will only be given paint for the trim or other painted surfaces, not including the brick.
- After the house is painted, a Keep La Marque Beautiful Commissioner will perform an onsite inspection of the property.
There are no income qualifications for this program. For information, or to have an application mailed or emailed to you, call 409-938-9256.
Mail completed applications and supporting documents to:
ATTN: Chiquetter Clayton, Revitalization Specialist
City of La Marque
1111 Bayou Road
La Marque, Texas 77568