Please consider joining the La Marque Heart Walk Team! Coworkers, family members, and friends are encouraged to participate.
The Bay Area Heart Walk is this Saturday, November 10th at 8 AM at the Kemah Boardwalk. The City of La Marque is partnering with the American Heart Association in the fight against heart disease and stroke at this year’s event.
If you haven’t already, please consider joining the La Marque Heart Walk Team by clicking here. Coworkers, family members, and friends are encouraged to join the team as well! The event is very family-friendly and the Boardwalk offers a discount on rides for the day after the event. It will feature a 5K (3 mile) walk, survivor honoree, music, food, a Kid’s Zone and a variety of unique games and challenges hosted by the event sponsors.
Helpful reminders from the American Heart Association:
- The event begins at 8 AM so arrive on time to get a good parking spot!
- EVENT PARKING: As you travel North/South on 146 turn onto 6th St. and then take a left onto Bradford Ave. Turn right into Parking Lot C located directly across from the Boardwalk Bullet roller coaster. (See attached)
- There is NO check-in or registration process at the Heart Walk. Simply show up and have a good time! (Event programs will be provided at the Welcome Tent and donations can be turned in there as well.)
- If you donated/raised $100 or more on your personal Heart Walk page, be sure to stop by the Welcome Tent to pick-up your free t-shirt from the AHA.
- Additionally, if you donated/raised $500 or more, be sure to swing by the V.I.P. Tent for a special gift.
- The Opening Ceremony will begin at 8:30 AM. We ask that you direct your attention to the jumbotron/stage at this time to be respectful of all of our speakers.
- When you post pictures, be sure to utilize the #BAWALK!
This cause is close to many of us. We encourage citizens of La Marque to think about your “why” as you prepare for the Heart Walk. Whether it’s a loved one you’ve lost to heart disease or stroke, or someone you never want to lose, there are many reasons to walk this Saturday. We hope to see you out at the event. Happy Heart-Walking!