Join us at City Hall by 9:15 a.m. and watch Texas Independence Trail Ride Association ride through the streets of La Marque in wagons.
More than 150 riders and wagons with Texas Independence Trail Ride Association will participate in a Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo trail ride, camping at Mac McGaffey Highland Bayou Park Friday, February 21, 2020, and traveling through City of La Marque Saturday, February 22, 2020. Spectators are welcome to park at La Marque City Hall, 1111 Bayou Road, or La Marque Public Library, 1011 Bayou Road, and watch the trail ride. Riders are expected to pass City Hall around 9:15 a.m.
The trail ride route continues through La Marque, Texas City, Santa Fe and Hitchcock Saturday, ending at the Galveston County Fair Grounds.
- Leave Mac McGaffey Highland Bayou Park, 1991 Getty Road
- Right on FM 519 (Main Street)
- Left on Bayou Road
- Left on FM 1765 (Texas Avenue)
- Break in lot across from Wong’s (2.7 mi)
- Continue down FM 1765 (Texas Avenue)
- Right on cut through between Yamaha & Jack ‘n Box
- Right on Noble (before I45 feeder)
- Left on Monticello
- Left into Park ‘n Ride for Break (6.1 mi)
- Left out of Park ‘n Ride, cross Delany & Century
- Right on the I-45 feeder
- Left on FM 1764
- Left into Joe’s Feed Store for Lunch (9 mi)
- Left on FM 1764
- Left on Avenue L
- Right on 6th Street, enter softball field for Break (11.2 mi)
- Left on 6th Street
- Left on 11th Street (at “T”)
- Right on Avenue I
- Left on Highway 6
- Left into Galveston County Fairgrounds/Jack Brooks Park or overnight camp
Texas Independence is a nonprofit organization that strives to stimulate, promote and encourage the love of horses, riding and good fellowship. Preserving Cowboy Heritage is a tradition of their ride, as well as encouraging participation in Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. For information, find them on Facebook or email email@example.com.