Galveston County Health District publishes COVID case counts Monday through Saturday at noon. There has been an uptick of COVID cases over the month of October.
Galveston County Health District today reports 57 additional positive COVID-19 cases and 30 additional recoveries. For more case information, please see the health district’s COVID-19 dashboard at www.gchd.org/coviddashboard. Case updates will be published Monday through Saturday at noon.
Galveston County residents must continue working together to slow the spread of coronavirus. Wearing a cloth face-covering in public, social distancing at least 6 feet and proper hand hygiene work to slow the spread of this virus.
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wear a face covering in public spaces
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. If tissues are not available, cough and sneeze in your elbow. Do not cough and sneeze in your hands.
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For testing options in Galveston County, please visit www.gchd.org/testing.