COVID-19 updates from the Texas Department of State Health Services and the Galveston County Health District report a concerning increase in new cases. Be safe and smart over the holidays. Click for info & tips --->
Here's an update on COVID-19 numbers published on Wednesday, December 16, 2020.
Today Galveston County Health District reported:
- 207 additional #COVID19 cases
- 139 additional recoveries
- 238,338 total tests administered
GCHD says there has been a concerning increase in new cases, and Galveston County's positivity rate has doubled over the past month.
Please continue to do your part to slow the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wear a face covering in public spaces
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
Get daily updates with the GCHD COVID-19 dashboard: www.gchd.org/coviddashboard and visit www.gchd.org/testing for testing information.
Over the past seven days, #Texas averaged:
- 11,659 new cases a day
- 9,269 current hospitalizations
- 188 new fatalities reported a day
Texas Department of State Health Services reported today that hospitalizations continue to rise.
Texas is currently averaging 188 new COVID-19 fatalities reported each day. These are your fellow Texans, neighbors, and loved ones. Simple steps save lives, possibly your own. Be safe and smart over the holidays. For COVID-19 holiday safety steps visit https://bit.ly/3n6X3x4.