Hurricane Huddle is a family-friendly event with activities, including toddler firefighter games and equipment used for emergency response, including high-water rescue vehicles.
Citizens, families and friends of La Marque are invited to attend the Office of Emergency Management Hurricane Huddle and Public Safety Fair from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Saturday, May 22, 2021, at the La Marque Central Fire Station, 750 Saltgrass Point Road in La Marque.
Attendees can register to win a stocked hurricane kit and enjoy family-friendly activities, including:
- Hurricane preparedness tips and giveaway items from the City of La Marque and American Red Cross
- Toddler Firefighter Games
- Jaws of Life vehicle extrication demonstration
- Tours of the Emergency Operations Center
- La Marque Fire Department trucks and ambulances on display
- High water rescue vehicles from the La Marque Police Department fleet
- Public Works equipment used for storm preparation
- Blood pressure checks and COVID vaccinations available from Galveston County Health District
"Save the date and come meet us before you need us," said Deputy Emergency Management Coordinator Kyle Hunter. "We're reaching out to more organizations, and we'll have hurricane resources and tips available on site."
Tours Emergency Operations Center will offer a behind-the-scenes peek into what happens when hurricanes hit our city. Emergency Response Personnel work around the clock, and many ride out the storms at the fire station, away from their own families.
"Now is the time to get prepared," said Hunter. "Make sure you have a plan for your family and your pets. Come see us on May 22, for hurricane tips, and just have a little fun with our city staff."
Register for e-notifications at connect.cityoflamarque.org or follow the City of La Marque on social media for event updates.