Please take these simple actions to help reduce electric-like setting thermostats to 78 degrees or higher. ERCOT is asking Texans to reduce electric use as much as possible today through Friday, June 18.
The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) is asking Texans to reduce electric use as much as possible today through Friday, June 18.
Please take these simple actions to help reduce electric use:
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees or higher – every degree of cooling increases your energy use by six to eight percent.
- Turn off lights and pool pumps and avoid using large appliances like ovens, washing machines and dryers.
- If you don’t need something – we are asking you to turn it off and unplug it if possible.
CIty of La Marque Office of Emergency Management is closely monitoring the situation and taking immediate action to reduce energy consumption at City facilities. Please monitor local news and do your part to reduce demand on the grid.
How to track electricity demand
- View daily peak demand forecast, current load and available generation at http://www.ercot.com.
- Follow ERCOT on Twitter (@ERCOT_ISO) and Facebook (Electric Reliability Council of Texas).
- Sign up for the ERCOT mobile app (available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play).
- Subscribe to the EmergencyAlerts list on http://lists.ercot.com..
Read the full press release here: http://www.ercot.com/news/releases/show/233037?fbclid=IwAR12X6rhdw1EbDNt28x_Z7n1nwg5jFXYi6WMM80ofNshtTSQagnetNObOFM